News and views, and history and humor, about the lake I love.

"I can hear my granddad's stories of the storms out on Lake Erie, where vessels and cargos and fortunes, and sailors' lives were lost." ~ James Taylor, Millworker

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bacteria not keeping people off Port Clinton beach

PORT CLINTON -- Although the city beach in Port Clinton has been posted with high bacteria level advisories on 18 days this swimming season, that hasn't kept folks from enjoying the public access to Lake Erie.

Tom and Renee Andrzejewski, visiting from Buffalo, sat in lawn chairs beneath a shade tree at the city beach Monday while family members waded offshore. They both said they did not see the warning sign, which is permanently posted at the beach.

"I would be concerned," said Tom Andrzejewski, "I wouldn't be swimming in it." [read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment