News and views, and history and humor, about the lake I love.

"I can hear my granddad's stories of the storms out on Lake Erie, where vessels and cargos and fortunes, and sailors' lives were lost." ~ James Taylor, Millworker

Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Perfect Evening on Lake Erie

If there was ever a perfect evening on Lake Erie, the one this evening was it. I went for an evening walk just before sunset.The sky was clear except for a few random clouds here and there. The cloud cover and rain from earlier in the day - all gone. A stiff breeze out of the northwest brought a welcome cool breeze. Everywhere I went along the shoreline people were sitting out in lawn chairs, or whatever they had, letting the lake winds wash over them, preparing for the magnificent sunset soon to come. And come it did. When I got back to the house I grabbed my camera and went out to the beach. These photos are the result. I hope everyone enjoys them.







No comments:

Post a Comment