News and views, and history and humor, about the lake I love.

"I can hear my granddad's stories of the storms out on Lake Erie, where vessels and cargos and fortunes, and sailors' lives were lost." ~ James Taylor, Millworker

Monday, November 21, 2011

Drumming up support for Lake Erie...in Delhi, India?


The unprecedented algae blooms on Lake Erie this past summer have had one positive effect so far: they have raised awareness about the need for better stewardship of this precious natural wonder. A new website called SaveLakeErie.com has been created "to raise awareness, rally support and let the public know what they can to to help prevent the death of Lake Erie." The only content so far is this video, posted to YouTube and their website. I don't know what they intend to do in the future to raise awareness but this is a good start. I just hope its not someone's idea of a joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment